GAS TECHNICIAN (G2) / PETROLEUM MECHANIC
(Licensed Service Technician)
Dowler-Karn Limited, a leading Southwestern Ontario propane and fuel distributor, has an immediate opening for a permanent, fulltime Licensed Service Technician for its Sarnia branch.
Reporting to the Service Manager, the successful candidate is responsible for installing and servicing complex residential, agricultural and commercial propane related equipment in addition to servicing petroleum dispensing equipment and other fuels applications; inspection of propane appliances and piping systems. The Service Technician will also be accountable for upholding the highest standards for safety in the service and handling of propane & fuels and for conducting regular vehicle inspections and maintenance.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Current holder of a valid G2 license with 3-5 years of experience
- Grade 12 diploma
- Liquid propane endorsement, crop dry technician (CDT) and / or petroleum maintenance mechanic certification would be preferred
- Sound technical knowledge of propane and fuel equipment and plant operations
- Good knowledge of the B149 code and liquid fuels code 2007 would be an asset
- Valid driver’s license with a clean abstract
- Willingness to work flexible hours including overtime and perform call-outs as required (rotating on-call duties)
- Excellent communication skills and customer service attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills and be a flexible and dependable team player
- Personable and confident individual with good time management skills, who can work well under pressure in a variety of situations
- A strong attention to detail and a willingness to learn in a dynamic and ever changing environment is necessary
The successful candidate will be physically fit, able to lift heavy objects on a regular basis and be willing to work in all kinds of weather conditions. A self-directed and safety conscious attitude is a must. Lift truck experience and fall protection training would be considered a benefit but are not required.
Dowler-Karn Limited places great importance in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay and incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package.
As a successful family run business that has been in operation for over 70 years, Dowler-Karn operates based on its core values of service, integrity, and community responsibility.
Interested applicants are directed to submit written interest via email to email@example.com. Please reference “Sarnia Service Tech” in the subject line. This is a full-time dayshift position; weekly hours will fluctuate with seasonal demands.
The deadline for consideration is 9:00am October 23rd, 2017.
If you want to learn more about Dowler-Karn, please visit our website at www.dowlerkarn.com or connect with us:
You Tube: http://bit.ly/DowlerKarnCustomers
Dowler-Karn is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs throughout all parts of the hiring process.
Please note that only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.