Vari-Form Manufacturing Inc. is a leader in advanced tube hydroforming technology for the development and manufacture of products used by the automotive industry. Vari-Form Inc. has three facilities in Strathroy, Ontario. Vari-Form Manufacturing Inc. is an affiliate of (FCA) Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V.
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, the buyer performs a variety of purchasing duties including the issuance of purchase orders, sourcing product, new supplier searches, recording a variety of data and tracking on EAM, and BPCS purchasing systems, obtaining data for IATF – ISO-16949 and USMCA certifications, reconciling invoices, developing and executing cost reduction strategies, assisting with the development and evaluation of the supplier database, and providing necessary support to the manufacturing departments.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Issue MRO and production purchase orders for a variety of materials, supplies, services, and incidental items required for the manufacturing facilities.
- Assist in preparation of data and researching suppliers and sources as requested, by purchasing approved items and supplies at the most favorable prices consistent with quality, quantity, and delivery.
- Assists with USMCA information, receipt of certificates from suppliers and providing USMCA certificates to Vari-Form customers.
- Assists with the development, maintenance, and evaluation of the supplier database.
- Records data on the EAM, and BPCS system.
- Maintains raw material inventory purchasing files and records, reviewing, and matching with Accounts Payable invoices.
- Comply with company policies and procedures supporting the quality management system, environmental management system, and health and safety
Educational Requirements and Skills:
- University Degree or College Diploma or SCMA Purchasing Diploma is preferred.
- Three + years’ experience in an automotive manufacturing environment.
- Experience with steel and aluminum raw materials commodity buying.
- Have a background in stamping or tube making practices.
- Experience with the purchase of tooling for stampings and other related tools and understanding the cost breakdown of said tools.
- Ideally have Metallurgical understanding or education / training in metallurgy.
- Knowledge of BPCS Information Systems and advanced level skills in spreadsheet applications.
- Knowledge of USMCA and Customs Processes, Partners in Protection, and CTPAT.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, leadership and negotiating skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Click the link to apply online: Buyer - Vari-Form - Career Page (applytojob.com)
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request