is currently recruiting for a Sales Manager.
Sales Mission Statement
To deliver complete customer satisfaction through efficient, effective, and responsive services and operations in the sales department.
Under the supervision of the Director of Sales, the Sales Manager will promote the hotel through several marketing initiatives and service corporate and leisure inquiries utilizing an effective sales process.
- Development of the ‘Group’ market and business opportunities by telephone solicitation as well as client meetings using yield management to ensure maximum revenues
- Negotiation and finalization of group contracts
- To ensure details of all contracts are complete and communicated to all relevant departments
- To be efficient, effective and responsive with inquires and requests utilizing professional communications
- To be fully knowledgeable of the hotel's product & services (and local attractions and activities, etc.)
- To produce printed sales materials and forms (flyers, meeting packages, brochures, contracts, etc.)
- To give hotel tours and host approved events
- To be knowledgeable with Hotel Reservation Systems, On-Line bookings, Multimedia, Internet
- To assist the Marketing or Guests Services Manager with guest communication mediums including in room materials
- To act as Manager On Duty when required
- To ensure that all Front Office personnel are fully knowledgeable of current hotel promotions & "special benefits.”
- To attend any approved sales workshops, co-op meetings and/or special events
- To receive guest complaints and ensure that corrective action is taken
- To promote a professional image to guests, potential guests, and hotel staff
- To assist in other departments if required
- To accomplish or assist with "Special Projects" as requested
- Outside Sales Calls as Directed by Director of Sales
- Facility in establishing interpersonal relations
- Knowledgeable in the local and corporate market
- Offering potential clients an impeccable service, efficiently and rapidly, as well as answering all their requests. Anticipation of clients’ needs.
If interested in this position, please forward your cover letter and resume to:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in sales in the Hotel industry
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, & Publisher
- Excellent communication and guest service skills
- Must be able to work well with minimal supervision and be a team player
- Flexibility in schedule
- Previous hospitality experience preferred
Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.oakwoodinnresort.com
- Company - Oakwood Resort
- Location - Grand Bend, Ontario
- Industries - Hotel / Resort
- Job Type - Full Time
- Years of Experience - 2+? to 5 Years in Hotel Sales
- Education Level - College Diploma