The Brose Group
We are a partner to the international automobile industry and deliver our mechatronic systems and electric drives to more than 80 automotive manufacturers and more than 30 suppliers. Approximately 21,000 employees work for Brose at 53 locations in 23 countries on all major automotive markets worldwide.
Innovations in research and development as well as strategic investments form the basis for extending our market position. At our Canadian location in London, Ontario, Brose is offering challenging tasks and new opportunities for individuals looking for personal advancement in a dynamic environment.
To support current business and future growth, Brose Canada Inc. is looking for a
Health, Safety & Environmental Specialist
- Provides advice and guidance to management and the workforce on the general functions of the company’s safety and environmental programs. Evaluates work areas, work procedures, the working environment, accident/injury data and other aspects relating to safety, environmental and ergonomics. Make recommendations and create/implement action plans for improvement through to completion.
- Remains current with applicable legislation and best practices, and ensures that the company remains compliant with the relevant laws. Creates and implements programs to comply with these laws
- Makes recommendations for policies and safety related training programs; create and implement plans/programs where needed. Provides training where qualified and manages external resources for training when necessary.
- Manages and controls health and safety documents and templates, both electronic and hard copy
- Ensure investigations of spills, accidents, incidents and injuries, including “near misses” and First Aid. Interacts with government officials (MOL, MOE, etc)
- Leads the Joint Health & Safety Committee to conduct workplace inspections, investigations and continuous improvement initiatives
- Contact for all product-related questions on the subject of environmental protection and recycling. Works towards the development of environmentally friendly and recycling programs
- Provides training, information and advice on laws, guidelines, customer requirements that pertain to environmental issues. Identify and implement plans/programs to address opportunities for improvement or changes where necessary
- Follow requirements of Brose Canada, Inc. Environmental Management System responsibility matrix
- Deputy for WSIB Claims. Additional duties and responsibilities as required
Brose Canada Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you are interested in joining a dynamic automotive supplier, please send your detailed resume including your earliest start and salary expectations to email@example.com. (Indicate ‘HSE Specialist’ in email subject line)
Online submission in preferred. No phone calls please.
- College Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety Management/ Canadian Registered Safety Professional
- 5 years in related field, automotive experience a necessity
- Solid understanding of Ontario Health, Safety and Environmental laws
- Program/Project Management, Leadership skills
- Communication and Presentation skills (oral and written)
- Ergonomics assessment qualification would be an advantage