||Aug 05, 2022
Since 1949, TVCC has been working with children and youth to help them reach their full potential. Today, a wide range of services and supports are provided for young people with physical disabilities, communication disorders, developmental delays and autism spectrum disorders to support them in attaining the best available quality of life and health. In partnership with local and regional agencies, TVCC annually serves more than 9,000 children, youth and their families from birth to age 19 across Southwestern Ontario in over 700 locations.
We are currently recruiting for one regular, full-time (37.5 hours per week) French Language Family & Community Consultant in Autism & Behavioural Services who will provide services in French and English. Working within Ontario Autism Program (OAP) Foundational Family Services, the successful candidate will provide education and consultation to families of children and youth with ASD, facilitate presentations and guided discussions on a variety of topics related to autism and Applied Behaviour Analysis, and will provide educational tours of classroom treatment spaces for parents of children coming into service; all to be delivered in person or virtually.
The designated office for this position will be determined based on the location of the successful candidate. Occasional evening work will be required.
- Deliver all components of Foundational Family Services; provide educational opportunities and support to families across all domains of learning
- Participate in ABS Intake to assist families of children in the OAP with service and program navigation and supports
- Work within a multi-disciplinary team to develop, deliver and evaluate workshops and educational opportunities for parents, caregivers and families on use of specific ABA-based techniques
- Coach and consult parents and caregivers, individually or in groups, to practice and apply evidence-based behavioural strategies with their children or youth in the home and community settings
- Provide on-going community capacity-building through training and educational events delivered to community partners
- Accurately document and track each client’s participation in GoldCare
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with agency staff and community partners
- Participate in relevant internal and external committees
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume (as an attachment in .pdf or Word format) to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of your email, please indicate the position and location you are interested in. To learn more about Thames Valley Children's Centre, please visit our website at www.tvcc.on.ca.
While all applications are appreciated only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
TVCC is committed to making our recruitment and selection process accessible to all candidates. Accommodations for disabilities are available upon request.
- Bachelor’s degree in a health or social sciences field. ABS Graduate Certificate preferred.
- Proficient in oral and written French
- Demonstrated skills in coaching others on ABA strategies and techniques
- Advanced knowledge of the characteristics of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Knowledge of community resources and supports
- Strong interpersonal skills including written and oral communication; ability to share expertise in ways that are understandable, ensuring that conversations are mutually respectful
- Advanced self-reflection skills with the ability to receive and incorporate feedback
- Demonstrated ability to work with high level of autonomy and initiative within a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to provide an adult-focused consultative/coaching model of service delivery
- Strong computer skills; familiar with the MS Office Suite 2010 package of programs, especially Word and Excel
- Strong service delivery skills; proficient use of Zoom and other media-based interfaces
- A valid Ontario driver’s licence and access to a vehicle
- Current certification in First Aid and CPR