||Dec 09, 2021
Middlesex Mutual Insurance Co. (MMIC), with over 140 years in the insurance industry, is seeking an experienced Intermediate Underwriter to join our talented and dedicated team. The position is a hybrid position with working-remotely opportunities. The head office is in Ilderton, Ontario, and reports to the Underwriting Manager.
Middlesex Mutual is a financially strong, policyholder-owned property and casualty mutual insurer with an annual Gross Written Premium of more than $13 million. We protect policyholders by providing peace of mind with reliable customer service and affordable personal, agricultural, and commercial insurance products. Additionally, we safeguard policyholders, families, and communities by promoting environmental sustainability, social responsibility, and community engagement.
The successful candidate will underwrite automobile and residential risks within approved guidelines and accountabilities include, but is not limited to the following:
- Establishing positive relationships with agents, brokers and other external stakeholders
- Participate in cross-functional opportunities to underwrite other lines of business
- Make recommendations to management on complex risks or underwriting exceptions
- Make recommendations to management on underwriting rules and guidelines
- Apply technical knowledge and experience to underwriting, rating and documentation
- Maintain awareness of market trends, pricing levels and regulatory requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Managing multiple projects with minimal supervision
- A College Diploma or University degree
- A minimum of 3 years underwriting experience
Qualified applicants with interest in this opportunity can submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Middlesex Mutual Insurance Co. recognizes diversity, equity, and inclusion, offers a rewarding career and comprehensive compensation, pension & benefits package. Your efforts will always make a difference!
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Willing to complete or near completion of the Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation
- Experience in either agribusiness or mutual companies is an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Bilingualism is also an asset