This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Dec 02, 2021
Position Type: Full time, permanent
Location: London, Ontario
Experience: 3-5 Years
Education: College Diploma or University Degree
Supply Chain Team Leader
Starlim North America is a global leader in the manufacturing of silicone components specializing in custom Liquid Silicone Rubber moulding for the healthcare, automotive and industrial industries.
Located in London since 2004, we deliver exceptional customer service providing a consistently high standard of quality, elite technological sophistication and a drive to be the best at what we do for our customers. Starlim North America – we are silicone at it's best.
- Reporting to the VP of Operations, this position is responsible for overseeing the overall supply chain management, organizing and monitoring supply and distribution of goods for Starlim North America.
- Manage the full order cycle including order processing, logistics, warehouse, transportation, and customer service. Keep track of stock levels, quality and quantity of goods, finished goods and raw material warehouse(s) organization.
- Create and implement best practice logistics principles, policies and processes across the organisation to improve operational and financial performance
- Liaising with manufacturers and suppliers while monitoring quality, quantity, delivery times, and transport costs
- Plan, manage and evaluate all supply chain activities within Starlim North America
We require a Team Leader who will be responsible for:
- Develops appropriate supply chain strategy to maximize customer satisfaction at the lowest possible cost.
- Leads and supervise daily operations of the supply chain teams in executing best practices and measuring performance through agreed upon Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Directs and coordinates the global supply chain system functions through strategy, resource optimization, profitability maximization, and KPIs resulting in the maximization of customer satisfaction.
- Plans, manages, and coordinates all activities related to the sourcing and procurement of necessary materials and supplies needed to meet the changing levels of product demand.
- Works directly with sales department to determine most cost-effective distribution solution for finished goods transportation to customers.
- Monitors and corrects inventory levels at internal and external warehouses to ensure rotation and maximize working capital.
- Maintain an organized and safe warehouse, and work to continually improve processes for efficient operations and targeted KPI
- Works with freight forwards and transportation companies to set best route and rate (reviews and approves all freight terms and agreements).
- Collaborates with procurement department to determine best practice for freight in and freight consolidation.
- Ability to fill in for OLO staff and deliver customer service support and expertise when needed. Including but not limited to order processing, order dispatch, and packaging and warehouse duties.
- Comply with and understand ISO regulations and related laws or regulations
- Customer order entry, order acknowledgements and act as first point of contact for customers including ongoing communication for all occurrences (positive and negative)
- Create invoice and credit notes
- Forecast management and delivery backlog reporting
- Expedited freight management and all customs related support within the organization
- Supports proper utilization of ERP system (AP+), including customer master data
- Responsible to routinely report on department KPIs along with appropriate analysis and countermeasures where necessary.
- Raw Material planning and purchasing.
- Manage staff with the assistance of the Team Leader(s) both directly and indirectly with the interview and hiring process, training, and performance management of staff including providing staff development and continuing education opportunities.
- Proactively engage in performance management activities for the team: by conducting development and performance coaching sessions, performance appraisals, and where required, work in conjunction with Human Resources to address performance issues to create corrective action plans.
- Establish and maintain a documented system of customer service and logistics policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned by the VP of Operations
- Support Environmental, Health & Safety initiatives throughout the facility, ensuring safety, housekeeping and quality standards are maintained
Do you have?
- Post Secondary education with a Diploma/Degree in a Business Administration, Supply Chain/Logistics, or equivalent
- Minimum 3-5 years of working experience in supply chain, logistics, or warehouse management
- ERP Experience is mandatory, minimum 3 years
- Understanding of health and safety procedures in a manufacturing environment
- Understand the application of WHMIS and the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act and how it relates to daily operations
- Basic customs knowledge is required (NAFTA, Incoterms, etc.)
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 8-10 hours
- Should be able to work in environments with variable noise levels, lighting conditions and temperature variation.
- Lift and move boxes up to 50 pounds (on occasion)
- Licensed for forklift operation or willing to obtain
- Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, safely and without limitation
Successful candidate will also have:
If you have the required qualifications and would like to work in a growing, high tech, continuous improvement environment, please apply with your resume and cover letter, https://starlimna.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=92
Starlim is an equal employment opportunity employer and offer a competitive salary and benefit package. Candidates must be legally employable in Canada to be considered for employment.
Starlim North America is committed to providing accommodations. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- Quick learner with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, maintain focus, and adapt to a variety of challenges
- Ability to conduct detailed procedures in a time constrained environment
- Strong sense of time organization and urgency
- Able to work independently and within a team
- Must be able to work as a part of a team, successfully communicating with employees, peers, management, suppliers and customers
- Ability to work independently, conceptualize project and manage priorities
- Sound judgment, prioritization skills and the ability to make independent decisions is expected
- Problem identification and resolution with follow-through on corrective/preventative actions
- Ability to understand customers and Starlim procedures and quality requirements
- Clear and effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and confidence in dealing with all levels of an organization
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- ERP knowledge SAP or similar
- Highly organized with attention to details
- Leadership ability and team building skills
- Professional attitude with customers, employees, and management
- Overtime as required