This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jan 06, 2022
||College Diploma (3 years)
Senior Buyer (full time)
Association of Business Professionals (Non-Union Employee Group)
Salary Range $70,279 to $79,864 commensurate with experience
The Senior Buyer is a key member of the finance and purchasing team, reporting to the Supervisor of Purchasing. This position will be responsible for assisting with the wide-ranging procurement activities, bid document preparation and analysis in accordance with Board policies, procedures, and legal requirements necessary to maintain the supply of commodities and services.
Qualifications and Skills required:
Applications must include a cover letter and resume, documented proof of qualification, and the names and contact information of two employment references, one of whom is your immediate supervisor, by 4:00 pm on January 17, 2022. Please include “Senior Buyer” in the subject line
Current conditions of employment with the London District Catholic School Board:
- Post-secondary diploma/certificate in supply chain management
- Hold or work towards a recognized purchasing professional designation such as Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) or Certified Procurement Professional (NIGP-CPP)
- Three to five years of working experience; minimum of 2 years of experience related to a school board or other public-sector organization is preferred.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills related to contracts, terms, and conditions
- Proven ability to generate reports and perform analysis on product selection, pricing and other related data as required.
- General understanding of computerized purchasing environment
- Proven computer experience using the Microsoft Office suite and related purchasing software
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently in an organized manner, and collaboratively in a team-based environment
The London District Catholic schools exist to provide an educational atmosphere which fosters and directs the spiritual, intellectual, physical, and social growth of all our students to enable them to live and contribute as responsible Catholics in any society. Hiring a diverse workforce will best serve our students and promote an inclusive environment. The London District Catholic School Board is committed to equity and inclusion in the requirement of qualified staff who reflect and support the diverse perspective and experiences and needs of our students and school communities. All hiring decisions will be fair, consistent, transparent, and made in accordance with applicable laws, including the Ontario Human Rights Code and the school board collective agreements.
The London District Catholic School Board is committed to providing accommodations. If you require an accommodation to enable your participation in the interview & selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please advise the Board when contacted for an interview.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination status (attestation) for all staff as directed by the Ministry; unvaccinated staff must comply with applicable testing directives.
- Mandatory requirement to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). This may include wearing a medical mask, eye protection and any other protective equipment as directed.
- Mandatory adherence to all Health and Safety protocols and training as required and directed.