ABOUT THIS POSITION
Digital Extremes is seeking an Associate Public Relations Manager (PR Manager) to join its marketing team to support the online sci-fi action game Warframe. The Associate PR Manager will also assist in developing and executing pre-launch and GTM public relations campaigns aligned to broader global marketing objectives and goals for its recently announced fantasy MMO Soulframe and a new externally developed game (Project Skylight) from the creative minds at Airship Syndicate. The Associate PR Manager at DE is a tenacious communications professional with a strong base knowledge of Warframe and Digital Extremes’ history in the gaming industry. In tandem with Product Marketing, Community, and Editorial, the Associate PR Manager will work alongside the Sr. PR Manager and key leads to develop meaningful product PR campaigns tied to tentpole updates/expansions, major company initiatives/happenings, relevant industry events and awards shows, major community activations, and other company-related initiatives and announcements.
The Associate PR Manager will be a supporting marketing role for Digital Extremes’ portfolio of games, including Warframe, Soulframe, and Project Skylight (in-development at Airship Syndicate) and will help lead the company’s PR activities for all products globally from long-lead plan development phases, to execution and post-mortem debriefing. The Associate PR Manager will work closely with multiple teams, including an external projects marketing team, contracted PR/marketing agencies, supervisors, and more to ensure PR campaigns are well aligned to company marketing and business objectives.
The industry is constantly transforming how players are entertained and interacting with each other online. As an experienced PR pro with a passion for interactive entertainment, the Associate PR Manager will strive to stay updated on the latest trends in gaming, pop culture, and entertainment and can leverage this knowledge to create bespoke press angles and inform future marketing campaign strategy. The Associate PR Manager will enjoy the challenge of excavating Digital Extremes’ library of content and resources - partnering with Community, Development, Sound/Audio, Weapons Design, and other teams to unearth and tell stories about Digital Extremes, its people (where relevant) and its products in compelling and unique ways across a diverse landscape of editorial channels including: print, online, radio/broadcast, digital/mobile, social, podcasts, and others. The Associate PR Manager must leverage strong interpersonal skills to develop and nurture relationships with key teams and leads at Digital Extremes in addition to establishing and maintaining relationships with external partners and editorial publications. The Associate PR Manager will collect, report, and analyze press reception to marketing beats and apply learnings towards future campaign planning, becoming a flexible, easily adaptable asset and contributing member to global marcom initiatives.
- Work with the Senior PR Manager and Product Marketing Teams to develop, manage, and execute public relations campaign strategies to support ongoing live-operations for Warframe, as well as supporting pre-launch, launch and live-game operations for the upcoming online game Project Skylight.
- Develop pre-launch, launch, and post-launch campaign plans and execute under alignment of broader marketing campaign related to key product updates, launches, company events/initiatives, in-game events, partner promotions, community activities and more
- Collaborate with internal and external departments to develop brand accurate messaging and creative PR campaign planning
- Develop written PR content, including press releases, media alerts, pitch drafts, blog posts, opinion pieces, interview Q&A’s and manage alignment of communications across integral departments, including social, editorial, community, and product development
- Assist in managing deliverables and deadlines for long lead and short lead press opportunities, including assets, interviews, gameplay needs, and more
- Identify and secure new press opportunities and coverage verticals for Digital Extremes’ products and grow DE’s exposure on press social channels, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Track press feedback across marketing beats and manage coverage tracking for all titles with external PR agencies, analyze results and feedback
- Manage distribution of press materials and assets to journalists with external PR agencies during key campaign beats
- Report on meaningful metrics and data from PR campaigns to showcase themes including press sentiment, engagement, popular stories, and more
- Help organize and plan press events and activities at gaming and company events, including virtual press preview events, in-person press activations, industry events (TennoCon, PAX, E3, etc.)
- Analyze and stay updated/informed on competitive events, companies, news and programs and be dialed into industry news
- Subject Matter Expert and Trend Spotter
- Creative and Collaborative Support for Senior PR Manager
- Passion for Warframe, Gamer Culture and Online Gaming
- Strong Industry Foundational Knowledge
- Ability to Work with Little Info - Resourceful
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, E-Media, Journalism, English, Marketing or Related Field
- 4-5 Years of Experience in Public Relations within the Gaming and Entertainment Industries
- In-House and Agency experience preferred
- Experience with live service and mobile games preferred
- Writing Samples - Press Release/Alert, Blog/News Post, etc.
- Detail-oriented, quality-focused and driven to consistently meet tight deadlines
- Ability to individually contribute and to embrace accountability and challenge in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Individual responsibility for championing outcomes for projects with shared ownership across groups
- Deep understanding of promotional and marketing communications strategies within the video games ecosphere
- Ability to leverage analytics, insights and reporting to make more informed decisions on PR campaign strategies
- Strong organizational and project management skills with great communication and collaboration
- Clever, creative personality with a passion for gamer culture
- Proficiency with MS Office and Google Applications
- Global live-service game marketing experience
- Knowledge of JIRA, Basecamp, and Slack
- Proficiency in creative writing with strong grammar skills and agility to make amendments based on critical feedback
- Familiar with AP Style Writing
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world's top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games' multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II. The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of 50 million registered players on PC, PS4™, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch™.
For more information about Digital Extremes, visit www.digitalextremes.com. To sign up for Warframe, visit www.warframe.com.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of "Canada's Top 100 Employers". We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Virtual access to Dialogue, our mental wellness and healthcare services app
- Professional development and career support
- Work-life balance fitness subsidies
- Be part of "Giving Back" through a multitude of fundraising venues at DE
- Virtual events such as team building exercises, Games night, Live band performances, Adult and separate children's holiday and summer parties for global teams!
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.
Please apply for this opportunity directly through our website: https://can63.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/digitalextremes/Site/DEAPPLY/Posting/View/234