SBM is seeking a Structural Technologist in our Structural Small Buildings Division. Under the supervision of the Structural Engineer, the Structural Technologist will be responsible for assisting with structural analysis and design for a variety of building types, including single-family and multi-residential dwellings. Field work, including structure evaluation and/or construction review, may also be required.
SBM is an established multi-disciplinary Planning, Civil, Structural, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering firm that utilizes a team first, collaborative approach to building engineering. We are a fast growing, energetic company that encourages personal growth and forward thinking. We are looking to add like-minded individuals to our team. SBM has offices in London and Kitchener, providing engineering services to a variety of private and public sector clients across Southwestern Ontario. The firm employs over 100 engineers, engineers-in-training, technologists, technicians, planners, and administrative personnel.
- Become familiar with design guidelines, standards, and regulations associated with structural engineering
- Preparation of structural engineering design and documents ensuring accuracy, adequacy, and conformance to the design requirements
- Coordinate with other team members on various projects at the same time to achieve project milestones
- Accept technical guidance from EITs, Engineers, technologists, and senior staff
- Work within the project team environment from preliminary stages of the design through to completion
- Coordinate structural aspects of projects with other discipline designs and drawings
- When required, complete site investigations, general reviews of construction, and preparation of field review reports
- Other tasks as assigned by Senior Engineers/Techs, Team Lead or Division Manager
Skills / Qualifications:
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology, Architectural Technology, Construction Engineering Technology or equivalent required
- Knowledge of OBC (specifically part 9)
- Registration with OACETT as C.Tech. considered an asset
- Ability to communicate with clients and coworkers effectively
- Proficient with AutoCAD and the Microsoft Office 365 Suite (Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Teams); Experience with Woodworks considered an asset
- Strong knowledge of construction materials and practices or construction work experience considered an asset
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and work in a fast-paced environment and manage competing priorities
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision and in a team environment
- Commitment to ongoing professional and personal growth; willingness to learn
- Excellent attention to detail
- Access to vehicle for site review/inspections
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and annual performance bonus. SBM offers a positive working environment and a good relationship with our employees which translates directly to better customer service and a superior finished product for our clients. The successful candidate will typically work 8am-5pm Monday-Thursday and 8am-2:30pm on Fridays.
What We Offer:
- Health Benefits Plan
- RRSP Matching (4%) Program
- Paid Overtime
- Performance Bonuses
- Banked Time Options
- Regular Social and Team Buildings Events
- Opportunity to build great relationships
- Career Growth and Development
- Professional Dues and Training Coverage
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
All qualified applicants should apply through our online application system at this link: https://sbmltd.applytojob.com/apply/1aVZQVeTSj/Structural-Technologist-Small-Buildings?source=KnightHunter
References are to be made available upon our request.
SBM is an equal opportunity employer. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment in accordance with relevant governing laws. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Date Posted: July 13, 2022
Posting Close Date: July 28, 2022