This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Aug 09, 2022
JOB TITLE: Database Administrator
LOCATION: Education Centre, London, Ontario
SALARY RANGE: $68,325 - $90,357
HIRING RANGE: $68,325 -$87,206
DATE OF VACANCY: As soon as possible
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 2022 August 18
The Database Administrator supports the administration of the Board’s production, test, development, and web databases and ensures that access to databases meets with the applicable access and security protocols. The incumbent defines data structures and assumes responsibility for data relationships and inter-database integration, including data warehousing components. The incumbent supports Active Directory processes and provides technical support for all the Board’s applications and systems. The incumbent works with the IT Security Administrator to ensure the integrity and protection of all Board data and is responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems.
- Provide advanced end-to-end technical support and complex problem resolution for ITS staff (including the service desk and SIS teams) and vendors utilizing Board-based databases applications (including, but not limited to, Student Information Systems, EQAO, Payroll, Finance, etc.)
- Build and support the processes that drive the Board’s Active Directory environment.
- Define Board data structures for the integration and replication throughout the distributed server environment; monitor and ensure that access adheres to the Board’s protocols and security policies; monitor database server performance; monitor data security on an ongoing basis; maintain database data dictionaries and provide normalization as required; maintain warehousing.
- Provide support to staff regarding access to, and manipulation of, the data in test and production databases; assist Systems Integration team with data setup, installation and manipulation; assist with the implementation of new enterprise applications by providing database development and support; work with the Infrastructure team to ensure appropriate archiving, backup and restoration of databases and datasets
- Maintain effective and cooperative liaison with staff, affiliated agencies, vendors, supplies, consultants, service providers, and staff in other government and community organizations; continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and strengthen customer and vendor relationships
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Complete tasks to define data structures, follow protocols to integrate data across the distributed servers and the replicated corporate data on to other servers as required
- Monitor access to corporate data according to access protocols and security policy
- Maintain the data dictionary and provide normalization as required
- Analyze, evaluate, document and present requirements for new or modified information in the data structures
- Provide support to the information technology team and staff in other departments regarding access to, and manipulation of the data in production databases
- Assist systems integration staff with the data set-up, installation and manipulation
- Assist with the implementation of new enterprise applications by providing database development and support
- Maintain warehousing, archiving, backup and restoration
- Perform data modeling for the corporate web database
- Demonstrate current knowledge and skills related to database administration
- Qualities/Skills/Specialized Knowledge:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with effective communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Ability to create and share documentation through Microsoft O365 and applicable MS Office Suite, in addition to IT work processing tools (e.g. JIRA, DevOps, Topdesk, etc)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage several concurrent issues, balancing priorities, deadlines, risks to deliver effective solutions
- Knowledge of relational database management systems (e.g. SQL Server), operating systems (e.g. Windows Server 2016, 2019, 2022), data modelling, classification, and mapping
- Detailed knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL) and Database Utilities; SSIS, SSRS, SAS and TFS
- General understanding of computer language, coding and database calls from web applications
The recruitment process requires a criminal background check for work with vulnerable at your own expense.
Please note it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is received by Human Resources on or before the deadline date.
If you were educated outside of Canada, you must have your certificates and/or diplomas or degrees assessed against Canadian education standards. This will enable you to provide proof of Canadian equivalency when applying for a job. The Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada is a membership organization that offers fair and credible academic credential assessment services in Canada. (NOTE: This is different from translating credentials into English).
Please use the "APPLY FOR THIS POSITION" link below to submit your electronic application. Only applications submitted using this link will be considered.
The Thames Valley District School Board is committed to equity and inclusion in the recruitment of qualified staff who reflect and support the diverse perspectives, experiences and needs of our students and school communities. The Thames Valley District School Board seeks to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free and will provide accommodations to applicants in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please inform the Human Resources team member indicated below of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you require.
A. Torchia, Staffing Specialist, Human Resources
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Completion of four (4) year post-secondary education in a computer related field or equivalent
- Five (5) years of related experience is required
- Database Administrator Associate, Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MSCA) Certification in the following areas is an asset: SQL Server, SQL Database Development, SQL Database Administration, SQL Business Intelligence Develop