||Jul 12, 2022
Founded in 1986, The Sansin Corporation is a global leader in environmentally friendly wood protection, focused on creating the best performing, most beautiful water-borne wood finishes in the world.
Reporting to the Controller, the Sr. Accountant has primary responsibilities for the application and maintenance of the accounting system. As a condition of employment, the candidate will have to undergo a criminal background check.
Competencies and Skills Required:
- Maintain an effective accounting system and ensure all transactions within the system are appropriate and properly recorded.
- Bank account reconciliations
- Intercompany, inventory, and COS journals
- Sales bonus journals
- EDC and other insurance journals
- HST/GST journals
- Other monthly recurring and non-recurring journals, including accruals
- Posting of credit card expenses
- Manage month and year end closing processes:
- Assist Controller in developing and implementing improvements to Accounting systems
- Provide support to the order process by checking orders for accuracy when required
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education and Experience Required:
- Maintain strictest confidentiality in all areas of work
- Knowledge and understanding of GAAP and their application.
- Proficiency in Accounting/MRP software and Microsoft Office suite (especially Excel)
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Able to effectively manage multiple activities and responsibilities at once.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sansin Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from women, Native/Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minority groups. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Sansin respects the right to medical privacy and will not require proof of vaccination.
- Minimum College diploma in Finance or other related experience
- 3-5 years of related experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment