Envision, Design, Create.
Do you have a passion for coming up with simple solutions to complex business problems? Do you love the thrill of seeing your solutions come alive by how it affects a consumer’s buying habits? We currently have several openings for the position of Technical Lead, Software Development.
The Technical Lead, Software Development develops procedures to solve complex problems. He/she designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs. The Technical Lead is expected to maintain full technical knowledge of all phases of the applications we build and sell either for an assigned group of clients or a specific client and are the acknowledged expert on our development team for these solutions. He/she generally works under the direction of a Technology Manager or the Senior Director, Software Engineering.
- Write, translate, code and unit test software programs and applications according to specifications
- Lead pre-testing phase of development by evaluating proposals in order to identify potential problem areas, and make the appropriate recommendations
- Collaborate with business analysts, designers and other developers in conceptualizing the development of new software programs and applications
- Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas
- Create/build roadmaps and work packages for the software development team
- Help produce estimates towards the Level 3 Project schedule
- Assist Technical Manager and Architecture in defining software and infrastructure technical solutions
- Create the Architectural Design Document (ADD)
- Work with Project Managers and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
- Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems
- Understand customer goals and challenges and establish ASC’s services as the best solution available
- Provide on-going technical support for an assigned client or group of clients
- Work with ASC’s Solutions Design team to get estimates for customizations and communicate requirements to internal software engineering team
- Post secondary education in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or related disciplines
- 5- 7 yrs software development experience in small to mid size IT firms
- 5 years strong Object Oriented Pattern concepts, design patterns, and relational database concepts
- Min. 3 years exp. working in a variety of software languages including: Ajax, Java/J2EE, HTML/DHTML, XSLT, XML, CSS
- Java/J2EE experience is a must in at least two enterprise applications
- Exp. in Service Oriented Architecture
- Hands-on exp. with relational databases such as: MS – SQL Server
- High level of comfort deploying parts of methodologies appropriate to the situation
- Full project scope experience: design through to development, testing, implementation and production
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Must be able to travel between Canada and the U.S.
NOTE: Please specify in the subject line of your email the position title.