This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Oct 18, 2021
JOB TITLE: Communications Specialist (12-month contract position with possible extension)
LOCATION: Education Centre, London
SALARY RANGE: $63,172 - $83,542
HIRING RANGE: $63,172 - $80,628
DATE OF VACANCY: As soon as possible
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 2021 October 27
The Communications Specialist supports the strategic communications plan by developing and implementing communications and marketing campaigns, executing a broad range of communications strategies and providing collaborative input to emergent communications issues.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Develop integrated marketing communications campaigns to build the Board brand, promote educational programs and initiatives and recruit students to the system.
- Develop and present content to support communications and marketing projects, including scripts and storyboards.
- Work collaboratively with and provide direction to Graphic Services staff in project implementation.
- Develop and provide writing and other content for social media, internet and intranet communications.
- Support and participate as a contributing member of the strategic communications team.
- Lead the development of advertising campaigns to recruit students from the early years and into secondary school.
- Conduct research and develop measurement of communication success.
- Liaise with Superintendents to identify communications needs and plan effective communication strategies.
- Champion and demonstrate creative and innovative approaches to communication.
- Collaborate with the Coordinator, Public Affairs to positively position the Board in the media.
- Provide support to the Manager, Communications and the Coordinator, Public Affairs to prepare and deliver messaging with respect to high profile or crisis communications.
The recruitment process requires a criminal background check for work with vulnerable persons.
Please note it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is received by Human Resources on or before the deadline date.
Conditions of Employment with Thames Valley District School Board, due to COVID-19 requirements:
- Completion of a three (3) year university degree program in communications, marketing, journalism, or public relations or equivalent.
- The ideal candidate has strong interpersonal and organization skills, strong communications skills, and the ability to simplify complicated issues.
- Self-starter with capability to manage and drive multiple deliverables simultaneously.
- Broad and comprehensive knowledge of the different systems, theories, and practices relevant to public education as well as practical experience of multiple business cycles.
- Three (3) years of related work experience is required.
If you were educated outside of Canada, you must have your certificates and/or diplomas or degrees assessed against Canadian education standards. This will enable you to provide proof of Canadian equivalency when applying for a job. The Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada is a membership organization that offers fair and credible academic credential assessment services in Canada. (NOTE: This is different from translating credentials into English).
Please use the "APPLY FOR THIS POSITION" link below to submit your electronic application. Only applications submitted using this link will be considered.
The Thames Valley District School Board is committed to equity and inclusion in the recruitment of qualified staff who reflect and support the diverse perspectives, experiences and needs of our students and school communities. The Thames Valley District School Board seeks to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free and will provide accommodations to applicants in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please inform the Human Resources team member indicated below of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you require.
A. Torchia, Staffing Specialist, Human Resources
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination requirement for all staff as directed by the Ministry. Individual accommodation requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis
- Mandatory requirement to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) based on your role within TVDSB. This may include wearing a medical mask, eye protection and any other protective equipment as directed. Individual accommodation requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis
- Mandatory adherence to all Health and Safety Protocols and Training as required and directed