JAVA Web Developers/Programmers – Level 3
The Developer’s role is to write, code, test, and analyze software programs and applications. Projects include: building and creating web based applications, website enhancements, desktop applications, database backed websites and web layout enhancements. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production life cycle. The Developer will work within a team environment to analyze and amend software errors in a timely and accurate fashion and provide status reports where required.
- Assist business analysts, designers and other developers in conceptualizing and development of new software programs and applications.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of program requirements and specifications.
- Consistently write, translate and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
- Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or appearance of company Web site and/or related Web applications as necessary.
- Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BSc. in Computer Science or equivalent education/experience
- 5 years working experience designing and building internet-based applications with languages such as Java, C++, C#
- 5 years experience with Java/J2EE application servers and build tools (ANT)
- 5 years experience with web servers such as Tomcat, apache and Sun Solaris
- Knowledge of web or enterprise content management systems
- Knowledge of code and release management
- Strong creative problem-solving ability
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills and proven leadership ability
- Ability and desire to thrive in a fast-paced, client-services environment
Please specify the job title in the subject line of your email. While we appreciate all interested applicants only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies or phone calls please.