||Jun 10, 2020
Tester in Charge
199 Bay Street, Toronto, Ontario, J4Y 0K7
Full Time Permanent
The Tester in Charge manages all testing program deliverables for complex, large scale projects through control of test processes based on contract requirements and industry best practices. The TIC will maintain close relationships with prime contract Project Manager, Design Engineers and owners or owner’s representatives during the course of the project to review design, and develop and oversee testing procedures. The TIC will also work with the project scheduler to provide input on testing and commissioning timelines. Responsible for the creation, organisation and management of a qualified team of railway signal system testers as well as those for subsidiary systems such as communications, electrical, gas and civil.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities:
1. Identifies required testing and commissioning resources, both internal and external
2. Develops signalling and related system test programs and documentation in accordance with contract and industry practices.
3. Maintains robust engineering / technical submission processes & procedures
4. Enforces the application of railway testing and quality assurance requirements
5. Establishes standard project controls for testing deliverables; requirements matrix, test submittal log, schedule (testing activities)
6. Proactively manages designer decisions with relation to system & subsystem testing
7. Maintains the flow of required information to any design consultant in a timely and complete manner
8. Reviews design submittals provided by design consultant for impact analysis on testing and for signalling principle adherence
9. Establishes and chairs test readiness meetings with both consultants and in-house staff to review progress and submissions.
10. Acts as the test liaison officer between consultants and other design staff engaged on any project
11. Ensures correct revision control of testing documentation
12. Attends all relevant design meetings where issues of testability may arise.
13. Verifies correct maintenance of test logs and related testing documentation
14. Provides test submissions for inclusion in project close-out files and Safety Cases
15. Manages testing portion of project risk register
- A minimum of 10 years of railway signal engineering experience within design / build or signalling maintenance environments
- Membership in a recognized industry professional body, e.g. IEEE, IRSE is an asset
- Has a proven track record of previous responsibilities as a Senior Tester or Tester in Charge, not necessarily in North America;
- Has an excellent understanding of railway signalling principles and legislated requirements for the testing of signal systems
- Has a proven knowledge of North American railway operating rules;
- An excellent understanding of the use of electronic devices and software in vital signalling systems and the requirements for the testing & commissioning of such systems;
- A good knowledge of all railway disciplines e.g. track construction & civil engineering etc. insofar as they affect signal system installation & testing;
- Proficiency in testing controls & principles;
- Ability to effectively manage and develop junior staff;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Better than average understanding and practical knowledge of commonly used software e.g. Microsoft Office suite;
- Excellent language skills in written and spoken English (French would be an asset)
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Will work at various sites across Ontario
Potential Benefits Include
- Mental & Dental benefits
- Pension Plan
For further information please contact Ryan Gangle at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 519-780-3164
- Potential Starting Bonus
- Monthly Vehicle Allowance