The London District Catholic School Board has a reputation for excellence, with more than 3,000 employees working together to educate approximately 18,000 students at 43 elementary schools, 9 secondary schools and the Centre for Lifelong Learning within Middlesex, Oxford and Elgin counties, including the cities of London, St. Thomas, Strathroy and Woodstock.
The London District Catholic School Board is currently accepting applications for:
Casual Educational Assistants
Reporting to the Principal, the casual Educational Assistant supports the physical, behavioural and academic needs of our students, in an inclusive Catholic educational environment. Successful candidates will be placed on the “call out list” and will be contacted as required in London, Middlesex and Oxford counties.
- Child and Youth Care Worker (CYW) or Developmental Service Worker (DSW) diploma or Child and Youth Care (CYC) College Advanced Diploma or a Certificate in Autism and Behavioural Sciences Program (ABS), or Educational Assistant (EA) diploma required
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to students’ daily programs
- Ability to perform lifting, transferring, and toileting procedures required
- Experience utilizing specialized equipment; such as walkers and standing frames
- Experience providing support service in the area of behavioural needs utilizing a variety of behaviour support strategies
- Knowledge of the Ministry of Education curriculum, special education, and related legislation
- Current BMS/NVCI/CPI/PMAB, First Aid and CPR training required
- Possess an understanding and commitment to confidentiality
- Possess an understanding and appreciation of Catholic Education and the mission of the London District Catholic School Board
: ASAP Salary:
Applications must include
a cover letter and resume, documented proof of qualification, and the names and contact information of two employment references, one of whom is your immediate supervisor. Please send your application as soon as possible to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com
The London District Catholic School Board is committed to providing accommodations. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.