This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Nov 08, 2023
ACCOUNTABLE TO: CEO
The role of the Event Manager is to be responsible for planning and executing aspects of Chamber events. Key duties include: planning events, creating and adhering to event budgets, setting up/tearing down events and managing events. As the events side of the business grows the Events Manager will also oversee all aspects pertaining to the running and organizing of the Meeting Centre. The Manager will collaborate with and interact with the Director of Events and Business Development Manager.
Event Manager Responsibilities:
The Events Manager is a well-organized self-starter. You must have the physical capability to move wheeled tables and chairs. You should be detail-oriented and have high standards for cleanliness.
With the guidance of the CEO, coordinate and execute high-quality events that fall within your event portfolio (typically the networking event series).
- Plan and execute virtual, hybrid, and/or live events.
- Book and coordinate all venue logistics (physical venue spaces and/or virtual event platform).
- Assist in booking keynote speakers and panelists, providing them with full event details, and content direction.
- Determine event agendas and write event scripts.
- Liaise with all vendors and suppliers needed to successfully execute the event, which may include confirming event needs, contract review, and/or negotiation.
- Greet and assist all event attendees.
- Compile and send out all pre, during, and post-event communication to attendees, speakers, exhibitors, sponsors, and any other key stakeholders.
- Prioritize the health and safety of all guests, staff/volunteers, and vendors.
- Create event wrap-up reports, debriefs, and thank you emails.
Event Manager Portfolio includes:
- Business Summit.
- Business Builders and Networking Groups.
- Business After Five Networking Event.
- Discover Your Chamber.
- Holiday Event.
- Networking 101.
- Speed Networking.
- All ad hoc events such as professional speakers, training seminars, and so forth.
COMPENSATION: Salary range of $50,000 to $60,000 plus health benefits and group pension plan.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, November 20 at 4:30 PM.
Staff Liaison to Membership Services Committee
- In charge of arranging the schedule for the year
- Maintains committee list with additions and deletions as well as in collaboration with the CEO succession planning of Committee Chair
The Event Manager is responsible for:
- 35 Hours per week – 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday. There may be occasions that require some flexibility to accommodate the client’s needs. (Example: earlier start to have things prepared for an early meeting booking when required)
- Maintain the Meeting Centre Calendar for all meeting bookings and Chamber events.
- Prepare Client contracts.
- Prepare weekly schedules and worksheets.
- Maintain Meeting Centre inventory.
- Monitor maintenance needs (plumbing, electrical, etc.).
- Order required catering.
- Set up and tear-down of meeting rooms as required including light cleaning (dishes, wiping down tables, etc.)
- Arrange for Audio/Visual equipment as required.
- With the CEO create and manage the Meeting Centre budget.
Events Manager Requirements:
- Knowledge of Facilities Management.
- Experience as an Event Manager or similar role.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with occasional hours during weekends or after hours, as needed, based on event and meeting centre schedule.
- Strong technical skills including experience with online resources, Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, Adobe Creative Cloud and database applications.
- Work well independently.
- Must possess time, resources, and project management skills.
- Customer service skills – we are a membership association after all.
- Possess excellent negotiation skills.
- Lift 40 lbs unassisted.
- The ability to think on your feet, problem solve and maintain a positive attitude.
- The ability to be precise and attentive to details.
- The ability to meet deadlines, and be organized and goal-oriented.
- Transportation/drivers license – not required but an asset.
- Smart Serve or willingness to get Smart Serve