For thirty years, The Original Cakerie, has built its business on the quality of products and our exceptionally committed employees. With over 500 employees in our BC and Ontario facilities, we are the largest and leading frozen dessert manufacturer in Canada. We are currently looking for a full-time dynamic self-starter to fill the position of Maintenance Manager
The Maintenance Manager will provide leadership and guidance to a team of highly skilled Technicians and supervisors. Is accountable for building and implementing plans that drive effectiveness and efficiency, maintains all physical assets in “like new” condition and insures all regulatory requirements are consistently satisfied.
Key Technical Responsibilities and Contributions
Education and Work Experience Requirements - Absolute Must Have’s!!!
- Establish computerized preventive maintenance schedules and recording system to minimize major breakdowns and lost production time.
- Provides feedback and support to department staff.
- Revises plans through the year as appropriate.
- Organizes and manages the key maintenance department activities across all shifts.
- Co-ordinates with all staff to identify appropriate job assignments are issued ensuring we always maintain a high GMP standard and ensure production readiness on all assets at all times.
- Ensure the safe and efficient operation of Boiler and Refrigeration Systems within the facility.
- Maintains proper certification for self and all technicians as appropriate to meet all legal requirements.
- Monitors results and facilitates timely and effective response.
- Regularly review and revise plans for PM activity, department scheduling and training.
- Ensures that proper Spare Parts Inventory levels are maintained at all times.
- Provides emergency response to maintenance items as required.
- Continually strives to improve processes to eliminate waste.
- Aligns self, plus maintenance staff, to the department mission, operations team, product strategies and to the mission of TOC.
- Develops a good working relationship with all staff and with all departments within the facility.
- Expertly provides training to maintenance team and all operations team members to achieve their goals. Provide technical training evaluations and execution.
- Ensure that all safety standards and production GMP standards are communicated, posted and adhered to.
- Cleverly helps to solve problems while contributing to team building in a C.I. environment.
- Sets a good example with a positive attitude, good listening skills, and a tireless work ethic
If you are looking for stable employment, a competitive wage with progressive increases and benefits, in a people focused workplace that is dedicated to safety, please email your resume to email@example.com.
- Engineering Degree from recognized educational institution
- 8 years minimum in a previous maintenance management position in the food industry.
- Prior experience in a Planned/Preventative Maintenance environment
- Experience transitioning to TPM is highly desired
- Detailed elaboration on budgets particulars and project particulars while in each role of maintenance management
- People skills must be very developed as it pertains to management/LEADERSHIP abilities