Are you an excellent leader with strong planning and organization skills to effectively engage others and drive manufacturing financial functions? Do you enjoy having a high level of responsibility? Our client, a leading supplier to the automotive manufacturing industry, is seeking a Plant Controller to be a key member of the leadership team in Chatham, Ontario.
The successful candidate will be a part of a globally recognized company that offers technologically innovative solutions for automotive and industrial applications. The company attributes their success to having diverse, competent teams of innovative, out of the box thinkers who want to reach their full potential, and by giving back to their community through various social engagement activities.
- Actively manages risks and opportunities to ensure achievement of business plans and actively engages with the management team to develop and track action plans.
- Leads management reporting for the plant including cost center performance to budget and product profitability.
- Partners with the site leadership team to identify and implement continuous improvement and cost optimization activities.
- Participates in regional and global initiatives for Controlling, Finance, Accounting, and Tax including standardization, process improvements, consistency of practices, and data accuracy.
- Develops business cases with project leaders for strategic and improvement projects, including capital expenditures.
- Controls working capital and capital expenditures.
- Monitors and controls expenses in the plant while holding the management team accountable.
- Ensures all matters related to Controlling, Finance, Accounting, and Tax for the plant are properly addressed and manages all foreign trade activities.
- Leads, coaches, and develops controlling function team including establishing appropriate development plans, goals, and objectives.
- Directs budgeting and forecasting functions for the plant.
- Ensures strategic and financial planning, standard and ad hoc reporting, and daily operations analysis for the plant are effective.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field. MBA or professional accounting certification is preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant experience with progressive leadership experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a Plant Controller in an automotive or complex manufacturing setting.
- Must have knowledge of United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA) and experience managing foreign trade operations and experience with a global multi-national business.
- Experience with product cost, including standard costing, in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of German Generally Accepted Accounting Principles is desired.
- Experience within a sophisticated ERP environment and experience with SAP strongly preferred.
- Excellent, proven interpersonal and leadership skills to engage and build a positive work environment.
For questions about this opportunity, please confidentially contact Brian Small, Sr. Recruitment Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519 672 7710.