Position Type: Full Time, permanent
Location: London, Ontario
Experience: 1-2 years’ minimum
Education: High School Diploma
FACILITIES MAINTENANCE CLEANING
Starlim North America is a global leader in the manufacturing of silicone parts specializing in custom Liquid Silicone Rubber moulding for health care and automotive industries.
Located in London since 2004, our Austrian mother company has been expanding world-wide since 1974. Our proprietary, fully automated, world-class technologies and high quality products, combined with creative, continuous improvement and lean manufacturing technologies allow us to deliver high quality products.
We require an Facilities Maintenance Team Member who will be responsible for:
Additional responsibilities include:
- Maintaining the order and general cleanliness of the Starlim North America premises.
Do you have?
- Maintain cleanliness of all injection molding machines based on a regular schedule (+/- 16 weeks).
- Cleaning of production area, shop floor, and production furniture and equipment. Ensure the area and equipment is free from any excess dust, debris, leaks and spills.
- Cleaning other production machinery as needed (Postcuring ovens, metering units, washing machines).
- Cleaning of production related rooms (Sorting room, Clean room).
- Regularly clean glass surfaces of entire Starlim North America facility.
- Completing cleaning duties as assigned based on scheduled activities (daily, weekly, monthly, and annual cleaning tasks).
- Coordinating with Maintenance department to schedule cleaning of machines after maintenance is completed.
- Perform other special or emergency cleaning duties as assigned
- Complete any inspection or cleaning checklists and records
- Have a general knowledge and understanding of the material, components, machinery and facility.
- Support Facility Maintenance Technicians with winter maintenance as required (salting, sanding, shovelling)
- Support Facility Maintenance Technicians with general facilities maintenance and repairs
- Support Facility Maintenance Technicians with filter changes for AHU's
- Support Environmental, Health & Safety initiatives throughout the facility, ensuring safety, housekeeping and quality standards are maintained
- Other duties as assigned by manager
Successful candidate will also have:
- High school diploma
- 1 – 2 years’ experience working as an industrial cleaner and/or production department
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience handling hazardous chemicals
- Understanding of health & safety procedures in a manufacturing environment
If you have the required qualifications and would like to work in a growing, high tech, continuous improvement environment, please apply using the following link https://starlimna.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=86
Candidates must be legally employable in Canada to be considered for employment. For assistance with accommodation issues regarding the submission of your resume please contact Starlim North America Human Resources.
- Ability to carefully and efficiently clean machinery without damaging functionality
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must be self-motivated, with an ability to work independently
- Must be able to work with team members from various departments to coordinate cleaning tasks
- Good time management skills with the ability to successfully prioritize tasks
- Good oral and written communication skills
- May be required to use special equipment and/or chemicals to complete some tasks
- Ability to perform heavy labour tasks over an extended period of time (ability to lift, push, pull loads up to 50 lbs.)
- Basic computer skills to access cleaning schedule in AP+.
- May be required to stand, walk, reach, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl while performing the essential duties of this job
- Ability to work at heights
- May require the need for overtime to support repairs
- Must be able to work all shifts including days, afternoons, nights, and weekends