This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Aug 10, 2020
||College Diploma (3 years)
Across Languages Translation and Interpretation Service (AL) is a non-profit agency that provides professional interpretation and translation, interpreter training, and language proficiency testing services across Ontario. We are experts in the delivery of spoken language services for more than a 200 languages and dialects. For more information, check out our website www.acrosslanguages.org.
We are looking for a dynamic and responsive individual for the position of Sales Agent. This role involves strategic partnership development and maintenance, customer relations and training, and database administration and reporting. The successful candidate will be creative and innovative, and will follow through on tasks and projects in a responsive, adaptable, and personable manner. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Sales Agent will be responsible for:
- Serving customers by informing and explaining AL’s programs and services and meeting customer needs.
- Serving existing clients and community partners by expanding their understanding of the options, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential opportunities.
- Adjusting content of sales presentations by studying clients and community partners and the overall field of language services in Ontario.
- Focusing sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of dealers.
- Keeping management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Monitoring competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, and merchandising techniques.
- Recommending changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Resolving customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, and making recommendations to management.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Providing historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Customer service
- Meeting sales goals
- Closing skills
- Territory management
- Prospecting skills
- Product knowledge
- Presentation skills
- Client relationships
- Motivation for sales
Hours: 40 hours/wk
Duration: 12 months with opportunity for renewal.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter with salary expectations and resume with “Sales Agent” in the subject heading by August 24, 2020, noon to:
by E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
by Regular Mail: Hiring Committee
Across Languages, 920 Commissioners Road East, Unit 207, London, ON, N5Z 3J1
No phone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will receive acknowledgement. Please note that a recent criminal background check (Vulnerable sector) will be required for this position.
We encourage applications from individuals who reflect the broad diversity of communities we work with, including those from racialized and LGBTQ communities. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Across Languages encourages a scent-free environment. Employees, students, volunteers, and visitors are asked to refrain from wearing fragrances and other scented personal care products (i.e. perfumes, lotions, hairspray, etc.) while at our office.
- A degree with a concentration in marketing, promotions, advertising sales, or business administration preferred
- 1 to 3 years of industry sales experience
- Familiarity with office software and phone systems