Westech Industrial Ltd. is expanding. Established in 1966 Westech was one of the first Canadian analytical suppliers to have a presence across the country and a full integration facility to handle the needs of our ever expanding customer base. We have offices across Canada with our corporate head office in Calgary and Eastern head office in Mississauga.
Westech has always offered local service, stock, on-time delivery, personal assistance, educational services, expert advice and application engineering.
This position is for our service/integration shop in London, Ontario.
We are looking for skilled Technical Specialist Analyzers and Process Instruments
to increase our growth and provide the technical expertise and service our clients require. Experience with Ametek Process Analyzers, ABB Process Analytics, Bartec Benke, Berthold and Honeywell Gas detection is desired but not required. If you have AutoCAD and electrical wiring experience it would be beneficial. Experience with GC's, FTIR, NDIR, UV, combustion analyzers would be an asset.
Perform customer support activities involving the production and systems integration and the building of shelters and sample systems, installation, preventive and corrective maintenance of process analytical, continuous emission monitoring systems and mechanical equipment and sub-systems used for monitoring process control and emissions equipment.
NOTE: THIS IS NOT AN IT POSITION
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain and service process critical capital equipment to ensure 100% customer satisfaction.
- Interact with customers and co-workers at a professional level.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a multi-tasking team.
- Perform remote, on-site customer services, including installing, troubleshooting and repairing of mechanical and analytical monitoring equipment and related products.
- Calibrate and repair equipment according to specifications.
- Provide technical support to customers via telephone and email.
- Provide multi-level user training.
- Provide support to engineering, manufacturing, and sales.
- Provide adequate documentation and reports upon completion of each assigned job.
- Project Management/Manufacturing Support including:
- Basic manufacturing and assembly skills required.
- Ability to use hand/power tools.
- Ability to read/understand and correct mechanical and electrical drawings
- Degree or Diploma in Technology in a related field (environmental, electronics, chemical).
- 1-5 years of industrial field service experience.
- Plant Automation and Process Control experience.
- PLC programming and HMI experience a plus.
- Ability to lift and move objects up to 50lbs.
- Ability to travel up to 70%, including some nights and weekends.
- Valid driver's license and suitable vehicle.
- Ability to travel outside of Canada (passport).
- The ability to read and understand electronic schematics and mechanical drawings.
- The ability to configure and repair computer based hardware and software.
- Good communication skills, use of email, calendar, cell phone and voice mail.
Please forward your resume with cover letter and salary expectations to Brad.firstname.lastname@example.org
by April 30, 2014. No phone calls please, for further information on Westech please visit our website at www.westech-ind.com
We thank all who have submitted applications for this position,
however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.