The Corporation of the County of Huron
The Huron County Library
One (1) Full-Time Collections Clerk
The County of Huron, known as “Ontario’s West Coast,” is a mosaic of vibrant communities along the shores of Lake Huron. The County has a population of approx. 60,000 people. Amidst pastoral and marine scenery, the County’s economic strengths are agriculture, manufacturing, tourism and culture. Please visit MakeHuronHome.ca and HuronCounty.ca.
The Huron County Library Administration currently has an opening for One (1) Full-Time Collections Clerk. This position is located in Clinton, Ontario.
Duties will include:
- Exchanges incoming and outgoing materials at Library Administrative Office. Packs boxes and bins for the branches. Packs and unpacks interlibrary loan materials.
- Processes books for deletion from the collection. Deletes items from the database.
- Shelves materials at Headquarters. Maintains the collection in order.
- Maintains accurate location records on the database.
- Backup to Cataloguing Technician.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned by the Technical Services Coordinator.
- Secondary school dipolma.
- Basic computer competency.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Physically fit and able to lift boxes of books.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Hours of Work: 35 per week, Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30 pm
Wage: Non-Union Grade 2 ($19.17 – 21.46)
Please forward your cover letter and resume in PDF format by 4:30 pm on Friday, August 23, 2013 to:
The Corporation of the County of Huron -- Human Resources
1 Court House Square
Email: humanresources [at] huroncounty [dot] ca OR Fax: 519.524.4172
The County of Huron is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Information is collected solely for the purpose of job selection under the provisions of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.