||Full-time / Permanent
||Jan 31, 2013
||College Diploma (2 years)
We currently have an opening for a Production Supervisor in our Strathroy location. The Production Supervisor is responsible for driving the process of continuous improvement and taking the lead role in meeting targets for safety, quality, customer service (delivery), cost,
and employee satisfaction/development
within the value stream.
This position coaches, trains, supports and develops a team of flexible, multi-skilled associates in accordance with Andersen's lean principles, values and strategic direction.
SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Actively provides frontline leadership within the value stream
- Promotes ‘safety first’ culture and ensures a safe work environment
- Develops a high performance work team with high levels of associate morale, satisfaction and performance.
- Leads the resolution of complex problems within work area
- Reviews general status of production schedules to identify and resolve problems
- Ensures desired quality guidelines are achieved by following quality control plans
- Contributes knowledge & improvement ideas by being actively engaged in corrective actions, continuous improvement programs and engaging the team to challenge the status quo and to develop and implement solutions
- Helps employees succeed through performance management, coaching, and communication
- Maintains time and production records
- 2-4 years experience in a similar Supervisory role, preferably in Manufacturing.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (written, verbal & listening); takes direction well; able to motivate people
- Possesses strong business acumen, organizational, analytical, people management and problem solving skills
- Positive attitude, team player – must work collaboratively with other departments
- Understanding of Lean principles
- Demonstrates a bias for action to effectively lead change and complete work on schedule
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated coaching skills --- promotes, initiates and encourages independent thinking
- Able to develop and maintain a respectful and safe work environment
Interested applicants are asked to forward their resume via email or fax to: firstname.lastname@example.org
; fax - (519) 245-0281
We would like to thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No Phone Calls please.