ABOUT THIS POSITION
Digital Extremes is searching for a Content Marketing Strategist who is a passionate gamer who loves to create and connect with players to lead the content marketing strategy for the internal Warframe content marketing team. This is an exciting opportunity to innovate and expand upon a creative editorial infrastructure that supports a passionate global player base. As a key member of the marketing organization, this role requires a creative yet strategic mind to educate, inform and entertain gamers both near and far across all owned editorial, social, web and video platforms.
You’ll work with community, development and marketing to create and execute programs that help reach more Warframe players each and every day with engaging news and assets that support our updates and events. You’ll have the publishing power of writers, designers, streamers, editors and more who can turn an idea into a powerful player initiative.
- Develop and scale repeatable digital engagement strategies across Warframe’s editorial, social, web and video platforms as part of a larger content marketing team strategy
- Devise, plan and execute compelling content-based programs that drive exposure and engagement across owned channels
- Ideate and create new content strategies to test, as well as refine existing playbooks to be even more efficient and effective
- Coordinate with community and marketing to support live service campaign goals including leading as well as supporting various activations
- Evaluate programs and campaigns to determine how to prioritize and optimize efforts that improve our communication and relationship with players
- Host brainstorm sessions with various marketing, multimedia and editorial team members to formulate assets plans for social engagement
- Integrate yourself into the Warframe world, play the game, empathize with players and partner with the development team to positively impact player experiences
- Develop content based content marketing programs that might include creators to increase community satisfaction and sentiment through entertaining yet informative methods
- Identify platform, market and player trends that might negatively or positively impact DE’s service efforts to proactively capitalize on opportunities
- Establish a cross-discipline operation to organize internal assets and information that can be adapted into compelling player facing assets
- Monitor and curate externally developed content and conversations to showcase and celebrate the player community
- Identify new ways to communicate marketing key messages in a authentic voice that showcases the value of all the ongoing content updates and live events Warframe offers
- Build tools, technology and create partnerships to capture opportunities and expand our internal capabilities
- Manage external agencies, vendors and projects which may include budget tracking, asset trafficking, creative approvals, contracts and billing
- 4+ Years in Content Marketing or similar role in Social Media Management, Community Management, Marketing Communications or Campaign Strategy
- Ideally, experiences supporting a live game service with a global player community
- Clever, creative personality with a passion for gamer culture
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills with ability to influence partners and develop effective cross-functional relationships
- Several years of leading digital engagement programs across various social and media platforms
- Extremely detail-oriented, quality-focused and driven to consistently meet tight deadlines
- Ability to champion projects from an idea to execution, to post-mortem analysis as an individual contributor who embraces accountability and challenge
- Deep understanding of the editorial and content publishing process including working with internal and external creative service teams (including agencies)
- Ability to effectively navigate a dynamic, fast-paced environment with constant change and ambiguity
- Individual responsibility for championing the development of high-quality written and AV consumer facing assets
- Graphic design skills preferred but not required
- Understanding of development operations and effective methods for studio collaboration
- Experience testing digital engagement strategies and optimizing programs based on performance
- Ability to leverage analytics, insights and reporting to make more informed decisions
- Extensive knowledge of games and the game industry markets – including player audiences, genres, preferences and trends
- Warframe fan a plus!
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world's top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games' multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II. The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of 50 million registered players on PC, PS4™, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch™.
For more information about Digital Extremes, visit www.digitalextremes.com. To sign up for Warframe, visit www.warframe.com.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of "Canada's Top 100 Employers". We summon you to join our elite team!
- The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Virtual access to Dialogue, our mental wellness and healthcare services app
- Professional development and career support
- Work-life balance fitness subsidies
- Be part of "Giving Back" through a multitude of fundraising venues at DE
- Virtual events such as team building exercises, Games night, Live band performances, Adult and separate children's holiday and summer parties for global teams!
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.
Please apply for this opportunity directly through our website: https://can63.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/digitalextremes/Site/DEAPPLY/Posting/View/256