This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Sep 16, 2021
||College Diploma (3 years)
Vuteq Canada Inc. is a Tier 1 automotive manufacturing organization, located at 920 Keyes Drive, Woodstock, Ontario.
By continually improving our systems and processes through ongoing evaluation of company objectives, we are able to maintain our commitment in ensuring that requirements and expectations for quality and safety are realized.
We strive to be an indispensable partner to our customers, driven by our team members and their engagement, and commit to developing the future with passion and sincerity.
The Production Process Engineer works to develop automotive parts for manufacture that meet the standards of our customer.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Managing budgets related to engineering
- Working directly with customers, reviewing preliminary part designs, and engineering most cost-effective solutions
- Working with customers to alter preliminary designs to provide more robust part structures
- Create RFQ and send out for quotes; create a cost analysis
- Engineering tooling designs, working directly with tool manufacturers to develop tooling for new/existing suppliers
- Investigating and implementing new tooling and equipment designs with new and existing suppliers
- Engineering equipment related to new door trim technology
- Overseeing new projects to ensure they are in line with customers’ plans
- Reporting progress related to technological advancement to the President and company executives
- Overseeing and providing guidance to project coordinators to ensure projects are proceeding according to customer expectations
- Working with Vuteq Japan Technical Centre to obtain feedback/technical advice on new product development
- Providing training and guidance to junior engineers to develop skills related to part design and tooling design
- Successful completion of a 2 – 4-year Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering diploma/degree from a College/University
Skills and Abilities
- 5-10 years of experience in a similar role
- 2 years’ experience in a guest engineer scenario, working as Lead Designer with customer on customer’s design
- Must have a minimum of 8-10 years’ experience with Toyota customer design
- 5-10 years’ experience coordinating engineering projects and managing a team to ensure compliance with customer standards
- Ideal candidate will have experience with automotive interiors, injection molding, and lamination
- Experience with PPAP, APQP, DFMEA, PFMEA, and design review meetings
- Experience with plastic product development and manufacturing
- Able to work in cross-functional teams (design, CAE, manufacturing) to fund cost effective, reliable solutions
- Knowledge of how to gather customer requirements, create technical presentations, and clearly present solutions to customer
- Must be flexible, ambitious, enthusiastic, and a proven leader – able to assist in all areas
- Fluent in English, but Japanese (oral, reading, and written) a definite asset
- Design software (Catia V5, NX/Unigraphics)
- Manufacturing software (Cimatron)
- MS Office products (especially Excel, PowerPoint)
- Actively listening to fellow team members about concerns or issues that arise
- Ability to show versatility and resourcefulness when problem solving
- Attention to detail and accuracy when preparing reports and presentations for customers, suppliers, and senior management
- Ability to adapt to changing demands from customers as well as fellow team members
- Strong interpersonal skills; having to communicate with several people at once
- Ability to organize priorities based on deadlines and importance of tasks
- Manage time efficiently while working on several different tasks at once
- Firm negotiating skills while dealing with customers and suppliers
- Ability to effectively manage a small group of professionals to achieve shared and personal goals
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to travel
This is a project-based position, where the successful candidate will be able to communicate fluently in English. Fluent (oral and written) Japanese language skills are a definate asset. The position offers a salary between $79,996.80 - $90,000 (depending on experience), as well as a competitive benefits package, which includes vacation, disability coverage, as well as taxable housing and automobile coverage.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vuteq Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you are up to the challenge associated with a fast-paced, Tier 1 automotive company, please email your cover letter and resume, along with your salary expectations, to:
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts
- The noise in the work environment is usually moderate
Human Resources Department
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.