This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Sep 12, 2021
Great Lakes Copper Ltd. is the only fully integrated copper tube mill in Canada. Our 200k square foot manufacturing facility in London, Ontario includes casting, extrusion, drawing, heat treatment, finishing, assembly and plastic extrusion operations. Our operations also include a 73k square foot distribution and light assembly operation in St. Thomas, Ontario. Since 2009, we have successfully grown our capacity and sales by over 40%.
FULL-TIME (40 hours+)
- A temporary position that is a stepping stone to permanent hire, dependent upon your reliability, team orientation, safe work habits and contribution.
Location: 1010 Clarke Road, London Ontario
- A temporary contract role
- Competitive hourly wages, and shift premium on afternoon and evening shifts
- An opportunity to contribute physically - a great way to stay in shape
- A spot on a team that boast long tenure. In fact, a number of our employees followed in dad’s footsteps by working here.
- Plenty of over time opportunities (Some mandated, lots of voluntary)
Apply if you:
- A large team environment where group leaders are always approachable and feedback is provided.
- A stable organization – we’ve been here for over 60 years and plan to remain for a long time.
- Participation in a bonus plan tied to Company profitability
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Free parking
- Discounts on Columbia Sportswear and other events
- Free participation in events – Company East Part Event and catered Family Picnic , Children’s Christmas party ( COVID dependent)
- Rotating Shifts; 2 weeks on the midnight shift, 2 weeks on the afternoon shift, 2 weeks on days.
- Opportunity to secure permanent employment that offers:
- Employer-paid health and dental benefits (immediate upon permanent hire)
- Employee Incentive Program ( Bonus payment opportunity !)
- Profit-sharing pension plan. ( Enjoy the benefits of an employer contribution!)
Interested and qualified? Please forward your resume to HR@glcopper.com.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request during the interview process. To request accommodation during the recruitment process, please call Daniela Pippo at 519 455-0770, ext. 226.
- Take pride in being part of a successful team
- Like the thought of working in Canada’s only Copper Tube mill; contributing to making quality copper tube that’s used for refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing and medical purposes.
- Work well independently and as part of a team.
- Have a track-record of reliability; you regularly attend work when scheduled ( barring exceptions).
- Can work rotating shifts; 2 weeks on days, 2 weeks afternoon shift, then2 weeks on midnight shift.
- Are physically able to work in a manufacturing facility. You have a demonstrated ability to carry out physically demanding work; standing, carrying, lifting / pulling. (Some times needing to lift 45 lbs. ) Ideally, you like the exercise.