Business Liaison, Youth Opportunities Unlimited
Be the best YOU!
Being a part of Youth Opportunities Unlimited (YOU) means you have a shared passion for supporting youth in reaching their full potential. YOU is a place where your unique background, perspectives, and talents are valued, and help innovate new program ideas to best support youth in our community.
You can make your impact here! Be part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where the work you do is truly valued. You will have the freedom to excel in your way by serving young people and knowing you are making a difference for our community.
Come be a part of a team that works alongside youth as they work on goals and be there to celebrate when they achieve those milestones. Help us continue creating a community where youth are embraced and will thrive.
Reporting to the Employment Team Leader, the Business Liaison will be responsible for securing work opportunities for youth between the ages of 15 and 30. Qualified candidates possess exceptional communication and leadership skills, work well in a fast paced and dynamic environment, and hold values that support our corporate vision of being “A community where youth are embraced and will thrive”.
· Serve as the primary connection between local businesses and YOU’s Career Services team.
· Develop promotion strategies to identify work opportunities and match candidates with employers.
· Meeting program targets by helping participants achieve employment related goals.
· Managing financial incentive budgets.
· Using well developed interpersonal and communication skills to build partnerships with local businesses and non-profits.
· Participate in local service clubs and other networking activities.
· Coordinate, host, and facilitate special events or workshops for employers, community partners and youth.
· Post-secondary degree/diploma.
· A strong interest in promoting London’s young job seekers to employers.
· Ability to build relationships, negotiate, persuade and manage conflict.
· Ability to establish rapport with various stakeholders to create engagement with YOU and evoke passion for youth advancement and growth.
· Ability to manage budgets, perform data entry tasks, and file management with accuracy.
· Knowledge of the London labour market.
· Proficiency with office equipment including computer use, Microsoft applications, and file management systems.
· Access to own transportation required.
Applications must be received no later than: Sunday December 18, 2022 at 11:59 pm
Please submit a resume and cover letter to: Justin McGuire, Employment Team Leader
Applications should be received electronically in MS word or PDF format as one document.
We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Youth Opportunities Unlimited is an equal opportunity employer that values the richness of a diverse environment. Youth Opportunities Unlimited is committed to providing an accessible workplace, in support of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005) and the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation 191/11. Should an applicant require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process or as an employee during subsequent employment, they are invited to communicate and discuss their requirements with YOU contact noted above.