This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
|Dec 21, 2023
|College Diploma (3 years)
Employment Counsellor: WILL Access
WILL Employment Solutions is looking to add a candidate to join a team of experienced counsellors who help clients navigate credential recognition, certification and licensure pathways to practice in their fields of education and international experience.
WHO ARE YOU?
- Post-secondary education, preferably in Counselling/Career Development (or equivalent).
- Experience in client service delivery roles, preferably in the employment service or settlement sector.
- Knowledge of immigrant employment journey.
- Knowledge of pathways in Ontario’s regulated professions or passion to become a subject matter expert in this area.
- Ability to advocate on behalf of clients with regulatory bodies and partners.
- Flexible and able to deal with competing priorities in a changing environment.
- Genuine, empathetic, approachable, and collaborative.
- Able to remain calm and goal focused on stressful situations and effectively function in both in person and virtual environments; and
- Strong technical skills/proficient with MS office, internet, database, and social media platforms.
- Proficiency in a second language is an asset.
- Assist and counsel internationally trained professionals seeking licensure\certification in one of Ontario’s regulated professions.
- Interview clients to determine educational and experiential background, goals, barriers.
- Introduce all stakeholders in licensing process.
- Explain process to apply to regulatory colleges, third party evaluators, and credential evaluators.
- Explain costs involved to obtain license or certification.
- Provide employment assessment, credential review and credential application assistance to clients.
- Facilitate and case manage licensure and certification applications and actively support clients in the process of international academic credential evaluation.
- Help clients determine their eligibility for licensing and to develop a personalized licensing work plan.
- Conduct regular follow-ups and check-ins with clients to update and advance the process of licensure and certification.
- Coordinate study groups and peer mentor programs for licensure and certification applicants
- Advocate on behalf of clients with regulatory and certifying bodies.
- Maintain subject matter expertise surrounding regulated professions in Ontario.
- Identify, advocate for and refer clients to appropriate resources within WILL and the broader region.
- Participate in continuous professional development to ensure the best knowledge and customer service is provided to clients.
- Select new material for the WILL Access library as required.
- Enter data and maintain client Tracker records and assist in preparation of reports for stakeholders.
If you would like to work with us, we would love to hear from you. Simply send your resume and cover letter by Monday, January 26th, 2024, at 4:00 pm to:
- Awesome co-workers and meaningful goals.
- Health, dental and vision, employee assistance and pension benefits/programs.
- Professional development opportunities.
- A salary range of $43,000 - $48,000 annually for a 35-hour work week depending on level of experience.
- Generous paid sick time and vacation time.
Hiring Committee/Employer Counsellor, WILL Access
c/o WILL Employment Solutions
141 Dundas Street, 4th Floor
Please note that although we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. The organization is presently hiring for a few roles. All applications will be actively considered against available roles. We encourage you to also directly apply to each role of interest with a customized cover letter and resume. London, ON N6A 1G3
Applicants may also choose to submit application electronically to email@example.com Please reference: Hiring Committee/Employment Counsellor in subject Line.
WILL Employment Solutions values diversity in all its forms and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. We strive to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to providing accommodations for person with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to complete this application, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided at all stages of the hiring process.
Please note that although we thank all applicants, only those being considered for interview will be contacted.