French as a second language (FSL) is taught as a subject in Ontario's English-language school boards. Elementary school students are required to study FSL from Grades 4 to 8.
Successful candidates must be available to participate in our training program for non-certified teachers prior to commencement in an assignment. Successful candidates will require a Letter of Permission from the Ministry of Education, the Board will undertake the application process. A criminal background check (vulnerable sector search) acceptable to the Board will also be required.
Please submit your application including a current resume of qualifications and experience, Commitment to Catholic Education (available at www.ldcsb.ca under Careers), and the names and contact information of two employment references, one of whom is your immediate supervisor. Applications will be received by January 28, 2023, at 4:00 pm.
Current conditions of employment with the London District Catholic School Board:
- Minimum undergraduate degree (preferably with a major or minor in French) required
- Additional related courses an asset
- French fluency, written and verbal, are required and will be assessed during the interview and selection process
- Experience working with school age children and/or adolescents preferably in an educational setting
- Excellent communication, time management, judgement, problem solving and decision-making skills
- A positive attitude with the ability to work under pressure
- Must be enthusiastic and passionate about working with children
- A strong and active Catholic faith life, pastoral reference required
- Creative, enthusiastic, patient, and responsible team player
The London District Catholic schools exist to provide an educational atmosphere which fosters and directs the spiritual, intellectual, physical, and social growth of all our students to enable them to live and contribute as responsible Catholics in any society. Hiring a diverse workforce within the denominational rights will best serve our students and promote an inclusive environment. The London District Catholic School Board is committed to equity and inclusion in the requirement of qualified staff who reflect and support the diverse perspective and experiences and needs of our students and school communities. All hiring decisions will be fair, consistent, transparent, and made in accordance with applicable laws, including the Ontario Human Rights Code and the school board collective agreements. Hiring decisions must respect the denominational rights of the school board.
The London District Catholic School Board is committed to providing accommodations. If you require accommodation to enable your participation in the interview & selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please advise the Board when contacted for an interview.
- Mandatory adherence to all Health and Safety protocols and training as required and directed.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an
interview will be contacted.