GAS TECHNICIAN (2 positions)
LICENSED SERVICE TECHNICIAN
ST. MARYS / SARNIA / CHATHAM / WINDSOR
Dowler-Karn is seeking two high-energy, skilled and committed gas technicians to join our team!
Dowler-Karn Limited is a leading Southwestern Ontario propane and fuel distributor, and has immediate openings for two permanent, fulltime Licensed Service Technician (G1, G2 or G3), based out of our St. Marys branch (1) AND our western region (1) (Chatham, Sarnia OR Windsor). As a successful family run business that has been in operation for over 75 years, Dowler-Karn operates based on its core values of service, integrity, and community responsibility.
Join a successful and growing company and you will be able to boast to others about:
The successful candidate is responsible to provide excellent service to our various residential, agricultural and commercial customers:
- Clean and up-to-date facilities including pride in our service vehicles, which are stocked with all the necessary tools and equipment!
- Safety excellence….a proactive safety culture and industry safety leader!
- Commitment to community support and involvement in the communities that we serve!
- Investment in our employees through training and development opportunities!
- Working for a family-run business that takes pride in its employees!
Do you have the qualifications we’re looking for?
- Service and install propane related equipment ensuring work is completed to code;
- Install and maintain petroleum dispensing equipment and other fuel applications, ensuring standards are met;
- Inspect propane appliances and piping systems;
- Able to work variable hours, including overtime, when required to meet seasonal or branch demands;
- Participate in rotational on-call duties and when required, perform after-hours call-outs promptly and efficiently;
- Act in a manner to uphold the highest standards for safety in the service and handling of propane & fuels;
- Safe operation of a vehicle; conduct regular vehicle inspections and maintenance;
- Use and maintain supplied tools and equipment in good condition;
- Ensure service vehicle is kept organized and stocked adequately;
- Able to work in all weather conditions;
- Participate in all training programs as directed by the company, including petroleum equipment mechanic (PM3) and liquid propane handling certification.
- Support service operations at other branches.
If you answered YES to our qualifications, then we want you to apply!
Interested applicants are directed to submit their resume, cover letter and current drivers abstract via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Your Name- Gas Technician”. The deadline for consideration is 9:00am on Monday, July 26, 2021.
What’s in it for you?
First of all…boasting rights (see above) and not to mention a sense of pride, safety and lots of training!
As well, Dowler-Karn provides a competitive salary and benefit package including group insurance (both medical and dental coverage, plus more), healthcare savings account, paid time off benefits (including sick days, short- and long-term disability programs) and a retirement savings program. And the service performance incentive plan provides an annual benefit up to $2,000 annually! Not to mention, employee discounts…and who doesn’t use gasoline!
If you want to learn more about our great company, visit our website at www.dowlerkarn.com or connect with us on Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/DowlerKarn?ref=hl
- Current holder of a valid Gas Technician (G1, G2 or G3) license.
- Minimum Grade 12 diploma is required.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean abstract; a DZ license would be an asset.
- Liquid propane endorsement, crop dry technician (CDT) and / or petroleum maintenance mechanic certification would be beneficial.
- Sound technical knowledge of propane and fuel equipment operations.
- Good knowledge of the B149:20 code and Liquid Fuels Handling Code 2017 would be an asset.
- Excellent communication skills and customer service attitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills and be a flexible and dependable team player.
- Personable and confident individual with good time management skills, who can work well under pressure in a variety of situations.
- A strong attention to detail and a willingness to learn in a dynamic and ever-changing environment is necessary.
- Have sufficient physical strength and stamina to lift heavy materials and stand for long periods.
- Must be good at diagnosing problems.
- Able to use current technology to ensure vehicle safety and performance
Dowler-Karn is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs throughout all parts of the hiring process. Please note that only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.