UNCERTIFIED TEMPORARY EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANTS
We are currently recruiting Temporary Educational Assistants to work within schools in all areas of the Thames Valley District School Board (Elgin, Middlesex, and Oxford counties, and the city of London). The successful candidates will be placed on a temporary employee list to perform work in long term assignments and on an “on call” and on an "as needed" basis. **Applicants MUST be available to accept assignments on short notice and on a regular and consistent basis.
Educational Assistants provide support to students with a variety of special needs including physical, developmental and behavioural. Educational Assistants work with children with special needs in a classroom setting, either in an integrated mainstream classroom or in a contained classroom.
Candidates must also be able to perform the essential physical duties of the position to support our children with special needs, which may include toileting, lifting, transferring, and personal care. Candidates must have a demonstrated commitment to working in a diverse school community and / or work environment.
- Must have (or be in the final year of obtaining) a Diploma in Development Services Worker, Child and Youth Worker, Educational Assistant, Educational Support, or Early Childhood Education OR equivalent college or university degree in a Child Related field (Social Service Work, Sociology or Psychology). Candidates scheduled to graduate in Spring/Summer 2022 are eligible to apply. Offers of employment will be made conditional upon successful completion of educational requirements.
You must attach proof of academic qualifications in order to be considered.
Rate of Pay: $22.05 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
Expiry Date: October 31, 2021
The recruitment process requires a criminal background check for work with vulnerable persons and medical screening test.
Conditions of Employment with Thames Valley District School Board, due to COVID-19 requirements
- Having a current BMS (Behavior Management Systems) training certificate would be considered an asset.
If you were educated outside of Canada, you must have your certificates and/or diplomas or degrees assessed against Canadian education standards. This will enable you to provide proof of Canadian equivalency when applying for a job. The Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada is a membership organization that offers fair and credible academic credential assessment services in Canada. (NOTE: This is different from translating credentials into English).
- Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination attestation requirement for all staff as directed by the Ministry. Individual accommodation requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis
- Mandatory requirement to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) based on your role within TVDSB. This may include wearing a medical mask, eye protection and any other protective equipment as directed. Individual accommodation requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis
- Mandatory adherence to all Health and Safety Protocols and Training as required and directed
Please use the “APPLY FOR THIS POSITION” link below to submit your electronic application. Only applicants submitted using this link will be considered.
The Thames Valley District School Board is committed to equity and inclusion in the recruitment of qualified staff who reflect and support the diverse perspectives, experiences and needs of our students and school communities. The Thames Valley District School Board seeks to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free and will provide accommodations to applicants in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please inform the Human Resources team member indicated below of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you require.
Interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.