This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Sep 23, 2022
||College Diploma (2 years)
The London District Catholic School Board has a reputation for excellence, with more than 3,000 employees working together to educate approximately 24,000 students at 43 elementary schools, 9 secondary schools and St. Patrick Adult & Continuing Education within Middlesex, Oxford, and Elgin counties, including the cities of London, St. Thomas, Strathroy and Woodstock.
Applications are invited for the position of:
TEMPORARY STAFFING ASSISTANT
ASSOCIATION OF BUSINESS PROFESSIONALS (NON-UNION EMPLOYEE GROUP)
1 YEAR CONTRACT
Catholic Education Center (5200 Wellington Rd. S. London, ON N6E 3X8)
Reporting to the Supervisor of Staffing, the staffing assistant is an integral member of the Staffing team, responsible for providing support services to the Supervisor of Staffing and People & Culture Officer, managing online recruitment/staffing tools, providing advice, support and guidance to internal and external customers, collecting and processing new employee documentation, completing reference verifications and other duties related to recruitment and staffing for a growing school board.
Qualifications and Skills required:
Applications must include a cover letter and resume, documented proof of qualification, and the names and contact information of two employment references, one of whom is your immediate supervisor.
- Post-secondary diploma in Office Administration or related field
- Minimum 1 year of administrative support and/or office experience
- Knowledge of Human Resources, recruitment, and staffing function processes is an asset
- Advanced computer skills and records management skills utilizing MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and databases.
- Demonstrated ability to provide timely and accurate reports for internal and external purposes
- Demonstrated experience utilizing and maintaining database systems
- Excellent human relations, communication, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated professional ethic and sensitivity to the confidential nature of the position
- Proven ability to work independently in an organized manner, and collaboratively in a team-based environment
Current conditions of employment with the London District Catholic School Board:
The London District Catholic schools exist to provide an educational atmosphere that fosters and directs the spiritual, intellectual, physical, and social growth of all our students to enable them to live and contribute as responsible Catholics in any society. Hiring a diverse workforce will best serve our students and promote an inclusive environment. The London District Catholic School Board is committed to equity and inclusion in the requirement of qualified staff who reflect and support the diverse perspectives, experiences and needs of our students and school communities. All hiring decisions will be fair, consistent, transparent, and made in accordance with applicable laws, including the Ontario Human Rights Code and the school board collective agreements.
The London District Catholic School Board is committed to providing accommodations. If you require an accommodation to enable your participation in the interview & selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please advise the Board when contacted for an interview.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Mandatory adherence to all Health and Safety protocols and training as required and directed.